Install Oracle Database 12c Single Instance Software Only
Installing Oracle Database 12c Software Only
2. Note the installer only needs 150 MB for swap that is an improvement from early version of the installer.
3.1 In my case I said yes
4. You can add in your Oracle support credentials so the installer can check for any software updates. You can also point to a pre-download location for updates. There is also an option to skip the software download. Click next.
In my case I choose skip software updates
5. Select install database software only
6. Select single instance database installation click next
7. Set your languages click next
In my case I left default
8. Select the database edition click next
In my case I select Enterprise Edition
9. Set Oracle base and software location and click next
10. Here select the privileged operating system groups and click next. This is good if you plan to have different groups for different database activities.
In my case I left the groups all set to dba.
11. Prerequisite checks will begin
12. Review summary and click install
13. Installation will begin
13.1 Click the details button to see the installation details
14. When prompted execute the root.sh script do not click OK until you have executed the root.sh
15. Open a terminal widow with root privilege execute the root.sh script in the new installed Oracle software home.
16. Once the root.sh completes execution click OK.
17. Installation is complete click close
Follow me on Twitter
Good Source for Database 12c
If you want to see this installation in a video demo see below from my YouTube channel.