Sunday, July 14, 2013

Install Oracle Database 12c Single Instance Software Only

Install Oracle Database 12c Single Instance Software Only


Installing Oracle Database 12c Software Only


1. ./runInstaller

2. Note the installer only needs 150 MB for swap that is an improvement from early version of the installer.











3. To configure security updates which is recommend put your email address from Oracle support and check the box and add you email. Click next.

In my case I left this blank and clicked next.





3.1 In my case I said yes

4. You can add in your Oracle support credentials so the installer can check for any software updates. You can also point to a pre-download location for updates. There is also an option to skip the software download. Click next.

In my case I choose skip software updates

5. Select install database software only








6. Select single instance database installation click next


























7. Set your languages click next

In my case I left default

8. Select the database edition click next

In my case I select Enterprise Edition

9. Set Oracle base and software location and click next

10. Here select the privileged operating system groups and click next. This is good if you plan to have different groups for different database activities.

In my case I left the groups all set to dba.


11. Prerequisite checks will begin


12. Review summary and click install


13. Installation will begin

13.1 Click the details button to see the installation details


14. When prompted execute the root.sh script do not click OK until you have executed the root.sh


15. Open a terminal widow with root privilege execute the root.sh script in the new installed Oracle software home.


16. Once the root.sh completes execution click OK.


17. Installation is complete click close



























My webpages

http://db12c.blogspot.com/
http://cloudcontrol12c.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/jfruiz11375

Follow me on Twitter

References


If you want to see this installation in a video demo see below from my YouTube channel.

2 comments:

About Me

My photo

Senior DBA with over 16 years experience, specializing in "Database Performance Tuning" and High Availability (RAC, Data Guard & Oracle Golden Gate).